Thursday 8 December 2011

Middle-Aged in Mexico

Middle-Aged in Mexico

I’m sat on a beach in Mexico
Feeling not half bad
For a  middle-aged woman of fifty four.
Maybe you think ‘that’s sad.’

The built in support in my swimsuit
Gives me a figure to which I aspire,
As long as I’m lying flat on a bed
And I’m sucking in my spare tyre.

I’m flanked by ladies of all shapes and sizes
But my eyes only focus on those
Whose fat doesn’t wobble, those skinny brown girls
Who cavort and pretend not to pose.

My husband says ‘Why not compare your-self
With women who are more your own age?
You’ve had your day; now they’re having theirs.’
I hold back the tears of outrage.

I wave at a passing beach waiter
‘A vodka and diet Sprite’
I can tell by the look on my husband’s face
That he knows, there’ll be no sex tonight!


1 comment:

Tom McQuiggan said...

Hahahaha, Simon's not known for his "sensitivity".