Thursday 1 December 2011

NOT A FUNGHI

NOT A FUNGHI


Someone once told me that mushroom
Was a really funghi to know
But after spending time with him
I don't agree this is so.

I first met him at the greengrocers
This curious looking fellow,
He gave me his mobile number
And said he lived in Portobello.

I decided to call round at his house
But I can't say I was impressed,
He just sat there all night in the dark
And he kept things close to his chest.

I think he'd been eating garlic
Because his breath was very smelly,
He undid all the buttons on his shirt
And vegged out in front of the telly.

I said 'You need to get out more
Maybe run in the fields or the woods'
He replied 'I'd like to try that
But I don't think that I could.

I've eaten lots of stilton cheese
And I'm absolutely stuffed
If I were to have a Shitake attack
My doctor wouldn't be too chuffed.

Besides it's always raining
And I'd have to wear my cap
I think I'd be better off staying in
And having a quiet nap.'

So I made my excuses and left
This so-called funghi friend,
All hopes of having a wild time
Had reached their inevitable end.


2 comments:

Tom McQuiggan said...

Trippy, man!

You keep setting the bar higher and higher. Good luck with the next one LOL.

Anonymous said...

You could wear your liberty cap.