Wednesday 23 November 2011

From A Pea's Point Of View



I’m a little Garden Pea


Sat on a dinner plate,

As the fork comes down towards me

I contemplate my fate.



Phew! The fork’s just missed me

And gone right for my brother,

I roll across the dinner plate

And shuffle up to mother.



I’m drowning in the gravy!

Oh dear, I cannot swim,

An avalanche of mash falls down

My future’s looking dim.



The fork hunts round the dinner plate

I hear its muffled scraping,

My future’s looking very glum,

It seems there’s no escaping.



I have a really good idea

But I don’t know if I’m able;

I swerve around the dishes

And jump straight off the table.



I roll across the floor tiles

In one I find a crack,

And that’s where I shall hide

In my shower-proof green mac.

3 comments:

lynnt said...

Funny! Your style is similar to Pam Ayres!

Tom McQuiggan said...

You shouldn't have said that Lynn - I've just been back and read it in a Pam Ayres accent LOL. And Jeanne, stop using odd font colours - could hardly read it :-)

Jeanne Waddington said...

It's not 'odd' it's Pea Green! ;)