Wednesday 23 November 2011

Hobnobs and Haribos

Hobnobs and Haribos have been my downfall
Towards losing the weight that has plagued me
for so many years now, that I’m a lost cause,
But this time I mean it – well maybe!

‘You must avoid carbs’ says all the advice
If you want to shed pounds  in a dash,
My friends this is easier said than done,
When you’re  a fan of white bread and mash.

I’ve tried Weightwatchers and Slimming World,
To try and banish the blubber,
And Rosemary Conley’s low fat cheese
Had the texture and taste of old rubber.

There’s only so many eggs  one can stand
When following the Atkins diet,
And the Cabbage Soup Plan resulted in wind
And the neighbours shouting ‘BE QUIET!’

The Dukan was fine, for a very short time
But I fainted whilst shopping in Asda
Imagine the shame of being driven home
In the Trolley Collector’s old Mazda!

I’ve counted  points and totted up  Syns,
Exercised portion control (of a fashion)
But you’re onto a loser when faced with the fact
That pudding and chips is your passion.

The scales are calling and the weekend looms
And I promise ‘The diet starts Monday’
But  it’s sausage and mash for tea tonight
And Hobnobs and Haribos on Sunday!


(dedicated to all my fellow fat friends out there - you know who you are!  xx)

3 comments:

Tom McQuiggan said...

Hahaha, one we can ALL relate to.

lynnt said...

Love it!! Happiness is....... Haribos :)

Stephart11 said...

Mmmmm white bread and mash butties! Adorable - it must be in the genes - hehe! Love it x